Friday, October 28, 2011

Something to do with all that squash!!!

I’ve been helping my Ma get rid of all that squash she’s been growing. I was shopping for olive oil and a lady there buying some too told me about frying carrots with olive oil and how good they tasted. So I mixed up my own concoction.
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 15 minutes

2 medium fresh yellow squash
2 medium fresh zucchini squash
1 handful of petite carrots
5 large fresh mushrooms sliced
½ Tbs minced garlic
½ c. sliced onions
Olive oil

In a large frying pan, sauté garlic, onions & carrots in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Slice up squash in a french fry like manner and add to frying pan. Cook until squash start to soften up & brown on the edges a little. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are softened. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment