Friday, October 28, 2011

Broccoli Coleslaw & it tastes like KFC!



I’ve recently come to like the coleslaw they serve at KFC. Never really liked any others I have tried.  I found the KFC dressing recipe online and made some changes to make it easier and not have TONS of leftover cabbage.  I also left out the lemon juice cuz of my food allergies.  Plus, I’ve got a thing for mushrooms.  :)

Prep – 5 min. Refrigerate – Several hours

5 c. Broccoli slaw – found at Walmart by the packaged veggies
1 tsp minced onions
5 medium mushrooms, sliced and diced like french fries
1/3 c. sugar
¼ tsp salt
pinch of pepper
¼ c. milk
¾ c. mayonnaise
1 Tbs white vinegar

Directions
1)   Place broccoli slaw and minced onions in a medium bowl.
2)   In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients with electric mixer until smooth. Pour over vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
3)   Cover and refrigerate for several hours if you can wait that long.  Serve cold.  I refrigerated mine for about 30 minutes and it was still good!  The broccoli makes it crunchy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment