Friday, October 28, 2011

Lazy Fruit Cobbler

My mom taught me this recipe when I was little, we would use the canned peaches we put away each year. Over the years, I’ve made some slight adjustments to it. One year while camping at Mineral Creek I had planned to make peach cobbler for dinner dessert. While hiking up the creek, we found a large patch of wild blackberries. Tonie & I gathered them in our emptied water bottles, and when we got back to camp, I made blackberry cobbler instead.

Prep-time: 5-10min Cook time: 40-45min Preheat oven: 350°

1 c Flour
1 c Sugar
1 c Milk
1 tbl baking powder
½ c melted butter or margarine -if you don’t want a cake like crust, use 1 c melted butter
2-3 c fruit (enough to later the bottom of your pan) -  or about 2 cans of peaches

Spray 9”x13” glass casserole dish with cooking spray. In you pan, add flour, sugar, baking powder & milk.






With a wire whisk, mix ingredients in the pan.







Spoon fruit evenly over the top of liquid mixture but do NOT mix (while baking, the fruit will sink and dough will rise).





Pour melted butter over the top. If you have juice from the fruit left over, pour that in too! Again, do NOT mix.







Place in center of the oven. Cook for 40 minutes. Top will be a golden brown when ready. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the final product. The cobbler was eaten by the time I remembered... :o(
If you’re using fresh fruit, mix ½ cup of sugar, and ¼ c water in with the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment