Friday, October 28, 2011

Paco’s Cream Cheese Fruit Salad

I looked online for recipes of fruit salad with cream cheese and I didn’t find any that I liked. I combined some ideas from the ones I found and threw in a bunch of my own ideas… The first time I made it, I used generic canned fruit, and I never really liked canned fruit cocktail. I used name brand fruit afterwards and it just tasted better!! This recipe makes quite a bit, I had to go buy a LARGE bowl just for my fruit salad. I take it to family functions and I've not had any leftovers every time I’ve made it. :) I noticed the bigger the chunks, the more fun my mouth had.

1 plastic jar of Dole Pineapple Chunks
1 plastic jar of Dole Peach Slices
1 ½ basket of fresh Strawberries-sliced
2-10oz jars of Maraschino Cherries-whole
3 large Bananas-sliced
1-10½oz bag of Miniature Marshmallows
½ cup chopped Pecans
1-8oz tub of Cool Whip
1 cup Pineapple Juice
1 small box Strawberry Jell-O
2 boxes of softened Cream Cheese

In a microwave safe bowl, microwave juice for 1 ½ minutes. Add Jell-O, stir until dissolved. Place cream cheese in large bowl, pour in Jell-O. Break up cream cheese with a fork as much as you can (cream cheese will still be chunky). Add fruit, marshmallows & pecans to large bowl & mix. Fold in cool whip. Cover & chill in refrigerator for before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment